Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Making Lists

At the request of a few of my select and choice friends, I have been asked to start a blog chronicling my impending adventure abroad. People ask my, "Miles, why are you going to Europe, and why do you seem so nonchalant?"

To the latter, I propose these solutions:
1. I don't want to rub it in.
2. I'm a wee bit nervous.
3. I've don't know what to expect.


To the former, the answer is simple: My sister is studying abroad in Florence, and I have been asked by my wonderful parents to help her move to Paris by way of Rome and London. Why is this?
1. Chance of a lifetime.
2. My mother is a ball of worried mess.
3. I'm trying to re-live the DaVinci Code.

In preparation for this trip, I have been inundated with lists.
1. List of places I need to see.
2. List of items I need to bring.
3. List of items I can't forget.
4. List of hotels we are staying.
5. List of itinerary changes.
6. List of items I need to keep on other lists.

Anyway, we are at T-minus 8 days until I'm off on a plane for the first time in 15 years. I will continue to make posts once I arrive in Europe with pictures and what not. When I return to life here, I will blog about other shit that is relevant: Politics, games, and dumb shit on the interwebs. I will bring in some other bloggers to basically post funny things that are extremely offensive. But in the end, I am judge, jury, and executioner. Deal.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As the Mother who is the complete ball of worry -- that is, in fact what mothers do. You, as my son, are well aware of the fact that this is my assigned role. My two beautiful children will be tooling around Europe where I will, in fact, not control their every move. Frightening. Having said that -- we, as in your parents, deeply appreciate the sacrifice that you and Wendy are making so that you can move your sister. In know that Wendy and Audrey will miss you while you are out of the country and will be overjoyed when you return -- jetlagged and with the smell of Old Europe clinging to you.

That you and Kate will have these 10 days -- are truely amazing.

Love Mom

Lord Bling said...

Miles, I didn't realize two things. 1) You started your own blog (and I thought I was one of your select friends, since I also like to make werewolf movies). 2) You're leaving for Europe a lot sooner than I thought. I just mailed you a package with two video games in it, for Tuesday delivery, but it looks like you'll get a day in with them before you have to pack up and fly overseas.

Unknown said...

That explains things. I thought you were just really moved by "Euro Trip"