Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The only thing shittier than the exchange rate in the U.K. is my internet connection.

Interlude- Ok, so this is our second night in London. We've had a full day today and and even more full day tomorrow. I have a lot of good pictures and posts to share but we had zero internet in Italy, and I'm a little behind.
Apparently, Linksys has it out for Great Britian. Everyone here does a type of wireless internet security that my wireless card doesn't quite understand. It took me almost an hour to get my sister's internet working on her laptop, then by a process of using my MP3 player (for data transfer), a blank CD, google, and tricking my adaptor into thinking it has a different driver, AND switching on the WLAN monitors on in a specific order (no kidding). I was seriously about to whip out the fishing line, duct tape and a fucking tin can, but FIVE HOURS later, I'm finally up and running, therefore I can put up all the posts and pictures I have of Rome.
Hopefully, HOPEFULLY, I will have some stuff up from London tomorrow night.
Don't let the timestamp fool you. Its 3:30 a.m. here and I'm freaking exhausted.

No comments: