Monday, March 3, 2008

French Special Ed Student wins Abstract Drawing Contest; Becomes Blueprints for Charles de Gaulle Airport.

I didn't have any reason to hate the French until I was about 2 hours away from being out of the country. Then I got to Charles de Gualle Airport, and came to appreciate France's big "F U" to you as you left their soil. First off, as you pull in from the train station, there are two stops for the Airport, and you really aren't sure which to go to. There is no list that says what airline flies out of which terminal. So you have to guess. Ironically, I'd been running about 50% in 50/50 guesses on this trip, so I took a chance and went with the latter stop, Terminal 2 (as opposed to Terminals, 1 and 3 at the first top). I get out to look for an information kiosk: closed. I look for a list of airlines served in the terminal on the little map: not there. After wondering around for a bit looking for flight information that wasn't there, I find an information kiosk and attempt to get info in French.

Person who works at the devil's airport: Bonjour.
Me: Bonjour. United 0943
Her: *Blank Stare*
Me: Where?
Her: Terminal 1, Gate 4.
Me: Merci, Beaucoup.

So Terminal 1 is only accessible by tram. But the fun only began when I got there. The airline check-in aren't along the walls of anything, or are there discernible booths. No, they are kind of here and there, and intermixed within each other. I manage to find the right check-in, then got sent to "Number 5". Well there are two number 5's: a Hall 5, which is like Senegal Air. Then there is like a tube 5, which long of other series of interconnecting tubes, takes me to security, then my gate.
I hate you.

Apparently, this is the asshole responsible for all this. I just wanted to you for having my last few hours in France being one of frustration.

EDIT: I'd also like to thank United for delaying my flight to Kansas City for THREE GOD DAMN HOURS.

No comments: