Saturday, March 1, 2008

Sex, God and Gargoyles.

As today is my last day in Paris, we tried to get in a bit of everything. Since I’m a huge p***y and didn’t want to journey to Pigalle at night in fear of getting ripped off or mugged, we ventured by this morning to check out the Moulin Rouge: Pigalle is a very interesting part of town. They really don’t make any bones about what they are trying to sell which is T&A. Even the souvenir shops have penises and nekkid ladies in them. As an aside-- I give huge props to my wife, who wanted me to take in a show at the Moulin Rouge. Even though I think this was a test, I didn't really want to drop the €99,00 it took to take in a show without dinner. That's too much for boobies, sorry ladies.

We decided to stroll through the district on our way to Sacre Coeur, a Basilica atop a large hill with a great view of the city. All we had to get through were the gypsies trying to beg us for money, the crazy swap meet, other dudes trying to rip us off selling trinkets, a bunch of German people, and a shitload of steps. We did make it to the summit, and snapped a few photos:
After yesterday’s 8 mile trek, we decided we are going to get smart and buy a Metro pass. Kind of like the Berlin song, we thought that “Riding on the Metro” was the way to go. Similar yet more confusing then the tube, without the ‘Mind the Gap’ reminders, we went from the summit of Sacre Coeur, to the Cathedral of Notre Dame. Despite their crappy season this year, I am confident that Charlie Weiss can lead Touchdown Jesus to victory. Wait, wrong Notre Dame. This is a very impressive structure that let us take a few pictures from the inside, and I got a few shots from the outside as well:




No comments: