Sunday, March 2, 2008

A Long Day’s Journey into…Mid-Afternoon.

Today, I leave Europe. I do hope to return someday, and when I get the chance, I will post my tips on how to make the best of your future European vacation. But I wanted to brief you on what I have in store for me. I leave CDG Airport (there’s another airport in Paris called Orly) around noon local time, and arrive in Chicago around 3:30 pm. Holy shit! A three hour flight!? I wish. Try nine. That’s more like the time needed to get through Eugene O’Neill’s play, whose title I’ve barrowed somewhat. That will bring my total time in the air for this trip to be around twenty-three hours (not including 4½ hours total by train).

It has really been the trip of a lifetime. Four countries (if you count two hours in Frankfurt), nine nights in three of the most well known cities in Europe, many miles walked, countless sights seen, lots of money spent, all for memories I never hope to forget (but in case I do, I have the pictures). Even though I will not really have any time to rest before I return to reality, I am looking forward to getting back to a few people, ones that let me go without them on this vacation, ones that I hope to bring with me the next time I come here, and the ones I love the most:
I’ve gained a lot of perspective on things; how people here live, how they dress, the pleasure and pain of doing a lot of walking, how proud I am of my sister, and how I don’t want to spend this much time away from my family ever again. Until we meet again, Europa, Ciao! Cheers! Au revior!

1 comment:

Lord Bling said...

The ones you love most = Harmonix, for including At the Gates's 'Blinded by Fear' in the downloadable content for Rock Band on March 11th!

Also, 'French Military' is an oxymoron. Did they have have blanks in those FAMASs?